A native of San Antonio, Texas, Dr. Barbara Fogiel, Houston gynecologist / obstetrician, received her undergraduate degree at Barnard College, Columbia University in New York City and her medical degree from Sackler School of Medicine in Tel Aviv, Israel. Upon completion of her residency training at NYU Downtown Hospital, she returned to Texas to practice medicine in Houston. Dr. Fogiel is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology. She now focuses on gynecology and surgery has been in private practice since 2003.
She is a wife and mother of three daughters; Marni, Galya and Ava. In her free time she enjoys playing tennis, reading, and spending time with her family.
Dr. Barbara Fogiel CV
- 2002 :: Texas
- 2006 :: American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- 1994-1998 :: Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv, Israel
Degree :: M.D.
- 1989-1993 :: Barnad College, Columbia University, New York, New York
Degree :: B.A. Major Art History, Minor Biochemistry
- 1998–2002 :: NYU Downtown Hospital, Obstetrics and Gynecology New York, New York
Senior Research :: Vertical Transmission in Hepatitis B Ag Positive Mothers
CREOG Resident Representative :: 2001–2002
Chief Resident :: November 2001–February 2002
- “Effects of Arzoxifene on Vertebral Fracture Incidence and on Invasive Breast Cancer Incidence in Postmenopausal Women with Osteoporosis or with Low Bone Density without Osteoporosis”
- 2005 :: “Efficacy Study Comparing 0.9 g and 1.25 g Estrogel 0.03% Doses with Placebo in the Treatment of Vasomotor Symptoms and Vulvar and Vaginal Atrphy Associated with Menopause”
- 2006–2007 :: “A Randomized, Multicenter, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial to Compare the Effects of 12 Weeks of Treatment with DR-2041 Vaginal Cream vs. Placebo Vaginal Cream on Vulvovaginal Atrophy in Healthy Postmenopausal Women”
- 2006 :: “A Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Study to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of Oxybutynin Vaginal Ring Releasing 3 Mg/Day versus 6 Mg/Day versus Placebo in Women Diagnosed with Overactive Bladder Who Have Symptoms of Predominant or Pure Urge Incontinence, Urgency and Frequency”
- 2006–2007 :: “A twenty-four week, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Safety and Efficacy Trial of Flibanserin 50mg daily and with uptitration, 100mg daily in Premenopausal Women with Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder”
- 2006–2007 :: “The Comparison of the Efficacy and Safety of Arzoxifene versus Raloxifene in Postmenopausal Women with Osteoporosis”